Friday, October 16, 2009

Carbon Copy

When I woke up this morning Will was already showered and dressed (Ryan is a saint!). This isn't typical. Usually Will, Austin and I wait until the other half of the Turner Family has left the house before we make an effort to get out of bed.

I dressed as usual, then continued on with the rest of my morning ritual--getting Austin out of bed and ready for school.

Austin definately has a routine. He has been getting ready for school the exact same way since he was going to school. Going to Carden makes this less of a hassle then I think it would if he was going somewhere else--due to the fact that he already knows what he is going to wear--a uniform. He has been wearing this uniform--with little to no variation, since he was in Kindergarten. Dress pants, blue socks, white button down shirt, tie and blazer.

For back-ground: Will is a keen observer. He seems to notice everything that his older sibs do and say. I am sure that comes with being so much younger than the rest of them.

As Austin was getting dressed, Will was in his room--I thought playing. Of course not! He was going through his dresser, pulling out clothes. When he couldn't find what he wanted he yelled: "Mom, where is my blanco (side note: I don't know if I will ever hear the words white, red, green, or blue voiced by Will again--he prefers the spanish version)shirt?

Me: What shirt? You have a great shirt on now--see the trucks.

Will: I need my blanco shirt! Finally he found his white, button down, collared shirt. I need this on!

I couldn't talk him out of it. I put the (blanco) dress shirt on over his other (normal) shirt. I thought that he would feel the unease of the shirt and want it off in a few minutes. Nope! He went to school like that. Just like his older, much looked up to brother, Austin.





Notice the pocket. He has his cell phone in that pocket--just like his Dad does. I couldn't talk Austin into putting his phone in that pocket--he didn't want to look "geeky". (The uniform doesn't do that already?)

3 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

that is really cute! love how he is speaking spanish too!

Stephanie said...

That's great that he is already using the Spanish words! Doug was telling me about his underwear adventures! Love 3 year olds! Thanks for letting Doug stay with you!

Grandma Austin said...

Mucho bueno hermano. You'll never hear one, two, three, etc. either.