Monday, December 15, 2008

What Traditions?!?

To prepare for the Season I chatted with each child and Ryan about Christmas Traditions. More specifically I wanted to find out which ones they loved, which ones they thought they could do without, and which ones they absolutely couldn't stand. This would help me decide what I wanted to do this year without making it crazy.

I got the same answer from each one of them: "What Traditions--we don't have any Christmas Traditions!" Are you kidding? I was under the impression that the whole season was just getting in one tradition after another--and it was getting hectic. I GUESS I was WRONG.

But maybe NOT! In an effort to prove them wrong, I will document them here over the next 12 days. Oh yeah--celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas is a TRADITION. (This is where they all said, and I quote: "oh yeah...I forgot about that."

Starting with Day N. (This is a substitute day for when I am too tired, crouchy, or unable due to multiple reasons to celebrate a day).

DAY N: DECORATION GINGERBREAD HOUSES







More Gingerbread House FUN:
Click to play Gingerbread House 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Lettie B. said...

Thanks again for the fun house-making! :)

Stephanie said...

Dang! Look how much fun you had! I wish I could have been there.

Kearl said...

I don't think kids really think about things as traditions until they are with their own families trying to decide what things they want to do. I know it was that way for me. I wonder what stuff we'll keep through the years and what stuff we'll drop. Loved the houses! fun tradition!